Dear SaleFreaks users,
We are thrilled to announce our new feature - Auto-Ordering for Non-Prime accounts!
We have tested and discovered that these accounts 90% less prone to suspensions.
Another advantage - there is no need to subscribe to prime!
So how it'll work?
- Every order equal to or above $25/£20 (amazon item price) will automatically be fulfilled by a Non-Prime account.
- If this account will not have the balance or will be paused/ on hold or any other reason, the order will then be assigned to another available account you have available on the slots (prime, non-prime, business-prime).
PRO TIP - If you wish to fulfill all $25/£20 orders and above via Non-Prime automation even when out of balance/on hold and not to assign the orders to any prime/business prime accounts - you may do that by setting a delay time in Global Settings so orders from this type will wait until the Non-Prime accounts will become available with balance.
- The shipping policy will be published on the Amazon site shows 5-8 business days. We recommend to take that into consideration and check if your shipping policies are aligned with those terms.
- Please see the Amazon free shipping policy
My Accounts Enhancements
You'll notice a new type of accounts on my accounts page - Amazon LOGO, which represents non-prime account type, this new type can also be added using my add account option.
For your convenience, we have added a new column that represents if the accounts are actually registered with a dedicated slot on the above my account tile section. It will show in the account table below a new logo - “Live”.
Non-Prime Set up Instructions
- Adding a Non-Prime Amazon account.
- Go to 'My accounts' -> click on the blue plus sign (upgrade to a higher plan if needed)
- Choose to add a new "Amazon" type account.
- Follow all the steps required until you'll reach the amazon home page. ( see this video for further explanations).
How to configure Delay time for $25/£20 and above orders to be placed ONLY using Non-Prime account
- Go to 'Settings' -> 'global settings'
- Scroll down to the 'Auto-Orders' settings section ->'Max order delay time for orders eligible for Non-Prime
- Choose how long are you willing to wait in case there are no active Non-Prime accounts to place the order.
- The time scale is minutes.
- This configuration will be set to all your Non-Prime accounts.
- The default "disable" means no delay. Reminder - This means we will immediately try to place the order using Prime or business account.
Orders page - New Account type
To distinguish between the orders that were placed using the different types of accounts you can notice a new logo on the supplier account column (orders page).